This Slow Cooker Pork & Sauerkraut recipe is one of my favorites! Tender & juicy lean pork slowly cooked to perfection in sauerkraut and served with a side dish of Waldorf salad!
SO YUMMY and a must-try!
Slow Cooker Pork & Sauerkraut
w/ Waldorf Salad
Serving size = 4
(Calories, fat, carbs, & protein include the sides per serving)
538 calories / 24.61 g fat / 58.04 g carbs / 47.14 g protein
Ingredients for pork & sauerkraut:
- 1 pound lean whole pork tenderloin
- 24 ounces (1 bag) baby red potatoes (unpeeled)
- 24 ounces sauerkraut (not drained)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup “Land O Lakes” butter with canola oil or another butter substitute
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the side dish;
“Waldorf Salad with apples, celery and walnuts”
- 6 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Red Delicious apples; cored and chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes; sliced
- 1 cup celery; thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional tip – try toasting these)
- Romaine Lettuce; shredded
- Tenderloin and Sauerkraut
- Place the whole pork tenderloin into a slow cooker crockpot.
- Arrange the red potatoes around the pork.
- Pour the sauerkraut with juice over the pork tenderloin and potatoes.
- Add butter, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook on low until the pork is tender. Generally, this can take as long as 8 to 10 hours depending on your slow cooker.
- Check it after several hours to see if more water is necessary. You don’t want the mixture to become too dry.
To Prepare Waldorf salad:
- Add yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a medium-size bowl and whisk together. Stir in the diced apples, sliced celery, grapes, and walnuts.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.