Healthy Summer Squash Casserole doesn’t have to be a summer dish! This recipe is so easy that it makes you think you’re forgetting something.
Yes! It’s that easy and makes a great side dish for almost any meal. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Healthy Summer Squash Recipe
Serving Size = 4
Per Serving = 110 Calories / 3.4 g fat / 18.05 carbs / 2.65 protein
- 1/2 tube of saltine crackers – crushed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 or 4 medium-size squash – thinly sliced
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Olive oil spray (may want to use butter chips instead)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and slice the squash. Boil until tender. Strain.
- In a medium-size bowl combine the cream of mushroom soup and squash.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Put the mixture into a medium-size casserole dish.
- Crush saltine crackers and spread evenly on top of the squash mixture.
- Spray the top with olive oil so that it will brown nicely while baking.
- Bake uncovered until golden brown on top and bubbly; usually takes about 30 minutes.
- Serve with any meal.