Spicy Black Bean Quesadillas
Servings = 2
Per Serving = 530 Calories / 29 g Protein / 51.5 g carbs / 27 g fat
- 1 – Morning Star Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger (9 g Protein / 110 Calories / 13 g Carbs / 4.5 g fat)
- 2 – (7- or 8-inch) Trader Joe’s Reduced Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas (4 g Protein / 45 Calories / 10 g Carbs / 1.5 g fat)
- Olive Oil Non-stick cooking spray
- ½ cup shredded Colby Jack cheese or Monterrey Jack Cheese (divided) (12 g Protein / 220 Calories / 2 g Carbs / 16 g fat)
- 2/3 cup frozen whole kernel corn (thawed) ( 3 g Protein / 100 Calories / 21 g Carbs / 1 g fat)
- 2 TBSP Pico de Gallo (0 Protein / 15 Calories / 3 Carbs / 0 g fat)
- 2 TBSP guacamole (1 gr Protein / 40 Calories / 2.5 gr Carbs / 4 g fat)
- Prepare Spicy Black Bean Burger patty according to package directions and crumble.
- Coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray and place on a cutting board with the coated side down.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup of cheese over half of each tortilla.
- Top cheese with a crumbled burger, corn, and Pico de Gallo (I add homemade salsa to mine as well).
- Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently.
- In a medium-size skillet, cook quesadillas over medium-low heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until light brown, turning once.
- Remove from skillet and cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges or triangles.
- Spoon small amounts of guacamole onto each one.
- Serve with shredded lettuce & salsa (optional)
Eat and Enjoy!